The first utility-scale wind farm in North Carolina is now fully operational even though the state’s top politicians wanted President Donald Trump to nix the $ 400 million project because they said it’s a national security threat.
Avangrid Renewables today announced the wind farm, sporting 104 turbines that are 50-stories tall, is now generating 670 megawatt hours (MWh), enough electricity for 61,000 homes. The wind farm is located in the northern part of the state and was built out across farm lands.
- Microsoft IE 8, 9, 10 to go and live on a farm next week
- It’s Still ‘Intel Inside’, But Now Intel’s Inside The Cloud
- 5 Security Considerations For The Hybrid Cloud
- The CSO guide to top security conferences
- IDG Contributor Network: Dome9 offers multi-cloud security, adds native support for Azure