When it involves to webhosting, there are many choices on hand. Therefore, several alternatives to decide on from, free web hosting, cheap web hosting, or even enterprise web hosting, you may be tempted to consider one in all the many free hosting providers out there. But, there are some common bad issues related to that approach which will end up costing you and your business a heap of money down the road. So, it is necessary to grasp what these red flags are, therefore you’ll stay away from them.
Here are 6 great reasons to stay away from free webhosting:
1. Bad Customer Service. Certainly one of the main issues with free hosting services is that they offer very little to zilch within the approach of customer support. If there is a drawback together with your site, you’ll have a very onerous time contacting anybody to help resolve it. Every minute your website is down comprises an enormous opportunity value in terms of frustrated customers and lost sales. It is very obvious that customers support of a paid web service, even a cheap web hosting one is way better than a free of charge hosting.
2. Overcrowded Servers. This leads to slow load time for pages and amplified downtime for your web site. Of course, each of these problems can have a heavy damaging effect on the growth and effectiveness of your business. On the other hand if you are using a quality web hosting, you will discover excelent performance servers.
3. Lack of Portability. When you pay to register and host your own domain, you’ve got the choice to transfer it. With free webhosting services, this is often usually not the case. So, if you pay a year or 2 building up your website and driving traffic to it before realizing how useful it would be to own your own domain name, your onerous work may be out the window.
4. Limited Features. Free hosts usually provide a limited range of services. This lack of flexibility will badly delay your ability to perform and grow up your business online. As an example, if you select a free service, you will have limited or no access to email, FTP accounts, content management systems or ecommerce options.
5. Banner Ads. The main cause these services are free is as a result of you agree to allow banner ads on your site. So you invest the time, money and energy into driving traffic to your website and therefore the free web hosting provider profits by directing that traffic away from you. Evidently not the most effective way to create a successful, continuing business.
6. Lost Credibility. Your website can usually be the primary impression your possible customers have of your business. With free hosting, you may be stuck with a very long domain. A long website name like this is an immediate signal to your prospects that your business continues to be within the small leagues. It is terribly troublesome to create faith and credibility when your internet presence seems to be fly-by-night.
Based on this list, you’ll observe that “you get what you purchase” with free hosting services. As an alternative, take into account quality hosting an vital investment into your business – one that will still yield positive results for your business long into the future.